FRTR Notice of Use
The Privacy Act of 1974 protects the personal information the federal government keeps on you in “systems of records (SOR)” (information an agency controls that can be retrieved by name or some other personal identifier). The Privacy Act regulates how the government can disclose, share, provide access to, and maintain the personal information that it collects. Not all information collected online is covered by the Privacy Act.
The Act’s major provisions require agencies to:
- publish a Privacy Act Notice in the Federal Register explaining the existence, character and uses of a new or revised SOR;
- keep information about you accurate, relevant, timely, and complete to assure fairness in dealing with you; and
- allow you to, upon request, access and review your information held in a SOR and request amendment of the information if you disagree with it.
Your viewing of this website does not result in the collection of any personal information that is contained in a Privacy Act System of Records as defined by the Privacy Act.
Any information collected by any form located on this web site is used only for its stated purpose and is not made available for other purposes.
You are only required to provide any personally identifying information (such as your name, e-mail address, or mailing address) to allow us to respond to your submission.
We collect personally identifiable information only if specifically and knowingly provided by you:
- Personally identifying information which you provide will only be used in connection with responding to your submission.
- Information is collected for statistical purposes. The purpose of this use is to measure customer interest in various areas of the site. This information is not expressed in any form which would reveal personally identifying information.
- No personal information collected is sold or otherwise transferred to a third party.
View our complete Privacy and Security Notice